Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Great Human Search Engine

There is a new kind of a search engine available. Although, this is the oldest that mankind has known. And this knows everything. It has all the information-and much more. More than google and Yahoo put together! And this one is also the most cost effective. But beware! This is available for only those who dare to listen, talk and do a whole lot of bullshit. I was travelling in a train with my friend. We happened to talk about vacations during the hot summer months in Mumbai. We chanced upon Mahabaleshwar, Goa, Simla other destinations as various options. Our conversation was overheard by someone-a total stranger. Unknowingly, we had pressed the search button. We had it. The man impressed upon us various locales for a summer holiday, alongwith travel fares, hotel room details, bargain shops for everything and so on. I wasn't suprised. I have been offered career & job options, stock tips, fitness & health tips, financial knowledge and whole vast array of data from absolute strangers. These people have simply jumped upon the chance of offering their 'expertise', over topics discussed by me, over my phone or with a travelling friend; inside trains,buses(mostly). I have also had philosophical discussions with auto- rickshawallas & taxi drivers-all to be ruined after their overcharging me through tampered meters. Most crowded places in India will have people most eager to discuss on issues like weather changes, Indian economy, budget, Indian film industry, corruption and so on...You just have to do is press the search button. By which, I mean, open your mouth & say something-anything. Complex issues get a quick redressal. But lastly......After the Australian cricket team's debacle in their home series recently, I overheard a heated discussion about fitness,advertising money,attitude problems and so on. I heard enough. But what to do-I had to join them. After all, I'm also part of it. The Great Human Search Engine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment