Thursday, January 1, 2009

ONCE UPON A TIME IN INDIA.

There was nothing special about the day, I suppose. School gets over early due to the winter. But I got a rupee coin. It was lying on the road-glittering or so seemed to my eyes. I had to pick it up. Just imagine what all can be had with that much money! I could not stop from making immediate plans. I ran off to the candyfloss wala. We had a mela(festival) nearby. My friends had already been there. I could only afford now, with this money. I simply like the jalebis here.I had them too. But, I saved the rest for 'the greatest show on earth'; thats what people say. And yes indeed! The biscope is the most amazing thing ever made. I watched Ram Rajya inside the biscope. My father does not like cinema.He says that this is kaliyug. And all of us will be ruined. He is always right. Because, after he knows what I've been upto-I am certainly ruined. But I like it. Tomorrow I will tell all my friends about this big adventure. And I just remembered. Tomorrow is a new year. Nothing much changes for me. But I hope that 1946 would be different. For a ten year old, even a rupee can change life. Happy new year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment