Thursday, January 1, 2009

Taking global warming head on!

I have been very fascinated by global warming for a long time. Nope, I'm not trying to scare you here. Just that I felt its time to give my hard researched & experienced take on the subject. I have always experienced global warming at different stages of my life. During school days it was more pronounced during the P.T. period and the time I didn't do my homework. But, I actually knew for certain, it's effects, only during my 12th exams & subsequently when the results were out. Diwali and christmas is the perfect time during which 'Ice age' returns & one is back to the halycon days of slumber and extended hibernation; we know as vacation. I remember that during march-april exam season I suddenly felt the harsh effects of climate change where I literally saw the ozone layer shrink after my geometry paper. The economic effects were also felt when my pocket money was substantially diminished. Now that you are convinced of my ability to detect weather changes, let me give you some facts. Although I haven't been after penguins to locate habitat shifts; I have most certainly tracked similar patterns in the dogs of my locality. I have traced their increased population & discrepancies in barking habits to some of the above mentioned climatic changes. Even though our society watchman is also responsible for making their life diffucult, most certainly its the increase in earth's temperature that has brought about shifts in their eating habits from non-veg to marie/glucose biscuits. I have even come to the conclusion that our society tank overflows because of global activities working in sync with local ones. But secretly, I was never able to put a kite into the sky. Now I know to whom should I blame it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment