Thursday, January 1, 2009

On insects,rats & creatures

I think our ancestors never could have it as good as we do. They 'toiled' inside their caves, hunted for food, looked after their survival and I haven't even mentioned internet. By & large they managed to look after themself through sheer understanding of their environment. At night they must have closed one eyelid to sleep while the other was kept open to watch for anything resembling a dinosaur or a lady. Until the sandwich & the refrigerator were discovered,mid-night hunger pangs must have been some stale roasted rats or raw cockroaches for them. Although, I very much respect these animals, I sometime lose my much found valour over these simple creatures. At night over some horror movies, I'm much rather scared about tripping over some insects than being petrified over Ramsay & bros. I even have imagined them in my sleep;setting foot over my entire body-crawling, creeping, cascading...I reckon our ancestors had an answer. So most of that found it's way to the Chinese kitchen inside their vegetarian noodle soup or more vegetarian manchurian. I believe that the recent Chinese domination is derived from years of sustained dietary provisions of rats, cockroaches & other insects. We humans have developed various missiles to target each other the moment one of us stops talking. But, haven't we surrendered to these creeping insects for centuries; without any solution whatsoever! The cavemens never realised that before the next ice-age would begin; their futurebearers would manage to inhabit this planet with burgers, i-pods, sunscreen lotions, insect repellants and even sleep well mattressess. But try as we might, the bugs, the mosquitoes would survive even the human race.Back to my home-made food.........

No comments:

Post a Comment