Thursday, January 1, 2009

On Sleep

I prefer sleep to any other physical activity on earth. Although its strenous in nature, there is ample scope for rest during sleep. Now that my work or lack of it gives me less time to sleep there are ways & means to accomplish this routine. So I sleep in the train,in the bus; some say I even sleep during work. Even though I believe, I possess serious sleep disorder what with only 10 hrs of sleep to my credit. But I'm jealous of people who can sleep while standing, walking, eating, drinking and even driving! I wish I was a toddler who can munch food half asleep and wake up to sleep again. But of all specious drivers are the most horrendous kind. During one long journey I was jolted out of my existence when I knew that the driver was sleeping all the time while the bus was on it's path. He must have great skills to apply brakes, change gears and accelerate while sleeping or err...driving. For the less skillful, it is important to have few people surrounding the driver for tasks lest he forgets to use them while being in slumber. Someone to apply brakes, someone to change gears, someone to blow the horn and someone to accelerate. While on the topic, I remembered about solid research being done on the subject. Some proclaim that 8 hours of sleep is sufficient while some agree that even lesser is ample. I think only we humans dream while being asleep. So schools, colleges & worplaces should have sleep centres where people are made to sleep compulsorily. Then you would have people bringing their favourite pillows, covers, toys, mosquitoe reppellants and even sleep inducing cassettes to the above places. There would be story tellers who would put you to sleep & lullaby singers would become instant hits. Then we will have Mc Sleep Burgers and Domino's Sleepizza becoming household names. While on dreams,we can also have customised dreams wherein sleepy individuals can have access only to dreams that they deem essential to...ah dream. So one could see only Angelina Jolie where Mallika Sherawat would have no rights to be part of that 'dream' show!When one does surrender to such thought, I understand that it's time to say; 'Goodnight'

No comments:

Post a Comment